A website makes your business relevant and accessible. Take a website and make it look great with design, and you’re sure to see an increase in your business! Do you have a good website? Let’s find out what makes a good one, and what you can do to get there.
1. How much detail should my website have? When designing a website, it’s important that you have enough written copy to give your clients a clear understanding of what you’re providing. Around 2,000 words per page is a good rule of thumb. Keep in mind, however, that you don’t want your visitors to drown in information. Keep it simple, easy to understand, and use a good balance of relevant images and content. You could spend months researching the best patterns to follow for your website, but there are experts who can get you started right now.
2. Should I use pop-ups? You may think the answer here is obvious; you probably don’t like seeing pop-up ads or invitations on websites you visit, so why use them on your own site? Well, there’s a reason so many websites use pop-ups: because they work. Websites that use pop-ups have a marked increase in lead generation and purchases. One study showed that using pop-ups to get emails had an ROI of 4,300%. There’s one more important thing to consider about using a pop-up: they’re polarizing. Many visitors will choose to leave right away if they encounter a pop-up. But polarizing is good. It helps you quickly sort out your paying customers.
3. Does my site need to be mobile optimized? Quick answer: yes. Most website views come from mobile devices these days, sitting at around 80% of all views. If you’re not mobile optimized, you’re losing those viewers faster than you’d believe. Mobile optimizing isn’t hard if you know what to do and how, but without a clear vision of what it takes you’d do well to rely on an agency who can help you. One of the biggest benefits of mobile optimization is that it loads super fast on either format. Faster load times means more people getting converted to your customers.
4. How can SEO increase my website traffic? Search Engine Optimization is a sure way to bring in the traffic. If you’re not using it, you’re losing people who otherwise would use your services. 82% of those who’ve started using SEO for their websites reported increases in business, with 42% of those reporting significant increases. Your website is meant to be a portal for building your brand and gaining new interest from the public. Without SEO, you’re missing out on a great opportunity to reach the community who would love what you have to offer.
5. What’s the best practice for a user interface? Keeping things simple and using common elements will help your visitors feel comfortable and at ease on your website. As you strategically use color and text styles to portray your message clearly, your website patrons will find it easier to navigate. For a quick rundown of do’s and don’ts here, the site usability.gov is a great resource with plenty of research to rely on. One of the most important factors for user interface is what kind of web platform you’re using. Platforms like wordpress and spotify have fast response times and are easy to use, so consider working with those platforms when you’re building your website.
6. How much does designing a good website cost? The price varies from agency to agency, but generally you could expect to pay $1500 for template based sites or $5000 for custom designed websites. Making it yourself is perhaps the most cost effective, but the learning curve is pretty steep. Your best alternative for time and money is to use a Growth Agency like DMR. DMR balances quality design with a valuable price of $500 per page*. This allows you to maximize your resources and get the website you want.
Looking to make a website for your business? DMR does the tactical work for you, removing the hassle of going through agency after agency to get your idea ready to meet demand. We can get your whole project done just 30 days (SEO, brand, logo) or we could make just your website in 7 days. Either way it’ll be tailored to your specific needs. Interested in getting started? Get your free consultation now.
*Page size minimum of 1200 pixels.